February 16, 2010

faceted meringue


it is my duty
to my boundaries
my sanity
and the players in this vagary
that we continue on with my farce

it is my right
to search for an illusion
a reason to quest and acquire
to skewer life's riddles
with why, whenfor and how

it is my choice
to live in this mirage
hindered....restricted
hobbled by remote possibilites
that may or might
infringe on the hollowness
of my bias

it is my necessity
to pull back the veil on this fantasy
to contemplate the aught
that passes for infinity

a dilemma pursued by others
as the proverbial carrot on a stick
while i toss back the foil with disgust

of what use are you!?
for what ends do you control my time here?
you are nothing!
do you hear....nothing

and to have the void answer back
......why
...are
you?

No comments: