February 16, 2010

the heart’s lurch


we don't exist in your narrow lurch
your hunch to remove all caress
focused and lost
to the world abound
from a caring stranger's bless

slow for me

you look neither left
nor aside in alarm
you miss so much that way
a hand lifted up
fingers sift through void
and you never
were conscious
of sway

turn for me

what could direct you so
keep you from all concern?
why do you ride to despair?
do your feet trod some hollow
that is spurned and not followed
a thing that is ever so rare?

see my eyes alit

your demeanor is raw
your eyes cold and drawn
what do you see from those orbs
glittered grey?
that haunt your last tread
even now when we pause
can you share, hide, be ware....
end dismay?

reach for me

stop and let yearn
please...pause and endure
we seek to breach that mien
that haunts your least curve
and rubs your first sense
and buffers all those too keen

hold to me

your devoted course
an event for reflection i'm sure
can deal with a stranger's true brace
but know this well....
that not all of us here
were put down
to be-wilder
your phantom's race

my love will not drift

No comments: